Friday, July 15, 2011

Updates

So far we've been through three states...cool, huh?

We started in Arizona and stopped on the corner in Winslow, Arizona.Then we went and took pictures by a pretty gazebo. We ate chicken chili in the grass then hit the road again.

That night, we slept...awful. It was so...painful. Uncomfortable. Sweaty. Tiring. 

The next day we got to Corral Pink Sand Dunes State Park in Utah. That was pretty cool minus no electric. 

Eventually we got to Zion National Park (I am currently not keeping track of my days, therefore I will not be telling you where we were on what date). It. Was. Beautiful. And...they all got phone service. Talk about epic. 

We took a tour of Zion...beautiful. Beau-ti-ful. 

***

Next: we broke down. Then we'd get fixed. Then we broke down. Then we got fixed. Then we broke down again and got towed...twice. We actually stayed at the repair shop one night. The people were nice. 

It wasn't too bad because we were a hop, skip, and a jump away from the little town. Plus there was a free transit system. It was cool. Oh and I shaved my legs and washed my hair in their tiny bathroom sink. Talk about a pain in the butt. 

The town was Silverthorne. It was like a wanna-be small town. Or however you want to put it. It had good stores. I got a shirt from Target for two bucks on sale. It made my day.

We eventually got on the road again after Silverthorne, but we couldn't make it through such high elevation so the people who fixed the motor-home actually towed us up to the top of the pass and we continued on our way to Denver.

In Denver we stayed at Cherry Creek State Park. 

And did laundry. And one of us got in trouble with rangers. And we got rained on. And stuff. We stayed two nights. 

***

Let me tell you, Colorado is absolutely gorgeous. 

Our next stop was the Cupit's house. Where I am right now. We got here...Wednesday (I actually know!). It's been so amazingly fun! Oh...and the food! These women are talented. I love it. 

Today all eighteen of us (Rebekah, Shawna, Amy, Brook Lynn, Luke, Leah, Beulah, Nate, Seth, Sarah, Rachael, RaeLynn, Levi, Aaron, Rhesa, Daisy, Cassia, and myself) went to Focus on the Family (home of Adventures in Odyssey and other cool things)...it was really great! 

We had lunch at Qdoba...a place I've never been to, but now like. Then a couple of us went to Starbucks and oh my goodness...I love Starbucks. I really do. 

***

I could say so much more because there is more, but this is the bulk and this is all I can seem to type out. Thanks for reading and keeping up.

I miss and love you all. 

Hope you are getting some kind of vacation wherever you are. 

1 comment:

  1. talk about amazing food you wouldn't believe just HOW amazing it really is!!!! haha i like how i got food out of all that lol

    ReplyDelete